Monday, December 12, 2011

Death Guard Sternguard Veterans





Its been a long time I know, but I've been busy as hell and I still am as a matter of fact, so updates will be again slow for the next couple of weeks at least.

Anyways, I managed to get some pics of my latest unit that I made for my evergrowing Death Guard army. I finally managed to finish all the construction part for a 1750 pts army and now they are ready to have some paint on them!

The creation of the Sternguard really baffled me, as they should be significally different from the rest of the standard marines in the army, but still maintain my pre heresy theme. The answer on this problem came from a variation of sources. The models are based again on the wonderful Mk2 and Mk3 armors from Forgeworld but this time I also used heads and backpacks from MaxMini as well as some shoulderpads from Chapterhouse. Finally the bolters are again from the chaps at Forgeworld, as well as the lascannon!



To finish off the models, I used (as in with my whole army) Micro Art trench bases, which are really cool and give that extra theme and drama to the model!

So, thats it for now, hope that you like my conversions! Hopefully I will have something painted to show you by the next update :P

And of course, some music...suitable for that sunny Monday!


Take care!

6 comments :

  1. I really like the idea that you're building behind these models. These will look pretty awesome once painted. Keep up the good work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Jason! Watch this space for future painting updates ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look very cool, and so different to the normal Nurgle marines.
    I'm loving all the bits you have brought together to make these, and am eagerly awaiting them painted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Munky! I was trying to bring the feeling of the post heresy Nurgle Marines to a pre-heresy veterans squad. Painting updates soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice blend of stuff I've sculpted :-D
    This is always cool to see differents bits and kits assembled by great hobbyists!

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad to hear such a comment from the creator himself! I hope to get some paint on them soon! :)

    ReplyDelete