Tuesday, June 21, 2016

Skaven Chief Warlord Engineer Ikit Claw





It has been such a long long time since I posted anything on this blog. I hope there are still people seeing my updates :P

Anyways, here I am once again, finally managing to finish something off. Something I was building for quite a while now. You have probably by now seen my Skaven army building up through the pages of this blog. If not, do so now ;)

In any case, I have always been fascinated with one of the most infamous Warhammer characters, the great Skaven Chief Warlord Engineer of Clan Skyre, Ikit Claw. Being a long time Skaven collector, I happen to have the old model of him, not that I dislike the newer version but as I always like to say, no school like old school! I always loved the character and the extreme details that this model have.

But let the pictures just do the talking, I guess





The model stands on a resin Armorcast base. I don't think they made these anymore, if they do please let me know as they are really great! I think it really makes the model stand even more out of the ordinary and it really suits well with the general archaic industrial feeling. I decided to go with a slightlty different color sceme than the original model, mostly because I wanted it to have a more fresh look, using metallics and washes to create this gritty and mechanical feeling. The banner is completely scratchbuilt from greenstuff and hand painted, using the original banner as a model.The base is finished with a pool of green shiny slime because... well nothing shouts out loud that an experiment went wrong more than green shiny slime ;)

As always I would love to hear your comments, remarks and anything else you would like to share with me, plus if you have the time, leave a vote for this fella on CoolMiniOrNot

Till next time, take care! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment