Monday, March 30, 2015

Adeptus Arbites Suppressor ~ WIP





Hello everyone!

Back from the dead once again, and back to Warhammer 40K themes because old habits die hard :P

This time I decided to revisit one of my many projects, my Adeptus Arbites.

Some of you may have already seen my Arbites Precinct I have done, the rest of you just follow the link ;) ! It is also nominated to be part of the Coolminiornot Annual 2014 so a big thanks to everybody for voting for me!



Back to todays project, I have decided to make a vehicle to accompany my Arbites squad. I have always loved one of Mike McVey's old conversions for an Arbites' vehicle, some of the older people around here may have remembered this little gem:





So after an extensive rummage through my bitz box and a paper chimera I had made aeons ago as a base, the end result is something like this



As always with my conversions, I have used a truckload of bits from around the globe and from various manufacturers, too many to try to mention them all now. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them. 

Now its time to bring this baby to the painting booth. As always comments are more than welcome! 


6 comments :

  1. Very nice, Great conversion you've done there. Where did you get the armoured sides from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks! Glad you like it! The armored sides are from here http://www.modelsandminis.com/storepage2965320.aspx , I bought their random crap bag and I got them by chance, I must say that I am really pleased with how they fit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to see you posting again. Can't wait to see how the rest of the Arbites look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you! Keep your eyes peeled for more!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh now that's very nice,
    Thanks a lot man now I'm going to have to figure out how to replicate it for my army jeez ;).
    I'll have to make 3 variants of it
    A Chimera, a Leman Russ, and a 4 wheeled variant to count as a Razorback. All that and some how make enough of them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hehe, thanks a lot mate! I know that it would be hard even for me to replicate the same result because the bits I used are so random but a good start would be to visit these guys here http://www.modelsandminis.com/storepage2965320.aspx . This is where I got the dozer blade and the extra armor bits. This size of a wheel doesn't fit for a 4 wheeled version but if you search the net you can always find smaller wheels to make your conversion.

    ReplyDelete