Monday, October 16, 2017

Shadow War Armageddon Ork German WW2 Themed Warband





Hello everyone!


As much as I want to update my blog more often, it seems that my free time has different opinion on that, hence my almost 2 month gap since my last update. But here I am with a finished project yet once more wanting to share it with you people.

A project that got me into the gaming table once again after a long time of inactivity. Shadow War Armageddon was a game that I really had fun playing a small campaign with a friend. Orks were my natural choice of course but I really wanted to create something special for my warband, not just ordinary rank and file troopers.



I had bought a long time ago the Orc "Schmeisser" Greatcoat Squad which was itching to be painted. Really wonderful miniatures and I thought that this was the perfect time to put them into use.



The only problem was that I needed some Yoofs, younger boys that haven't yet perfected themselves to battle so they have lower stats. These models need to be accordingly different than the rest so I nedded to find something different for them. The answer came in the most old school fashion I could have imagined, classic Ork Stormboyz. They were perfect for the job, both fluffwise and visually. The models needed a modern redo though, that came in the form of hand swapping, removing of the jetpacks and sculpting some rolled up sleeves to complete the uniform. I think they came out really nice and fit the overall WW2 German SS look perfectly.





Now my Blood Axes WW2 Warband is finished, the only thing missing is a proppa fluff and some names to identify them. I have decided to make some stat cards for them to make it easier to follow their progress in game. I have added some flavour text to them as well. The stats are after some games so don't find it weird that they have extra skills and stats.




So there you have it, my Shadow War WW2 German Ork Warband. I really love the way these turned out and I can't wait to get them on the battlefield again. I would really love to hear what you people think. Leave a comment or a vote on CoolMiniOrNot if you have the time.

Rumor has it that these fellas may have a ride fitting for them in the workbench as we speak, keep your eyes peeled for more ;)

Till next time, take care!

2 comments :