Sunday, November 6, 2011

Captain Nathaniel Garro WIP





Hello once again!

I have been working on some new army lists to play and I have decided to change my gaming style completely. On to the drawing board again and this time I decided to create a sternguard based list with Pedro Kantor.

This list works perfectly with the Death Guard project I'm currently working on so all I had to do is to find a model to represent Pedro Kantor.

I have always been a HUGE fan of Nathaniel Garro. I love its tragic figure and the way it always was an alien part in the Death Guard legion but at the same time a stern and devote soldier to the Emperor and Mortarion. Follow the link to read more about him!

It was a great opportunity to field him as a Kantor "count as", only problem was that I needed him to be WYSIWIG which was a little against the fluff.

In the end I decided to use a magnificent model, part of the masters of the chapter set mostly because of its stern and stoic pose and its MkIV armor and the broadsword that was a part of Garro's fluff.





On the other hand, I needed to show the power fist and the storm bolter that was part of Kantor's arsenal. The fist was already part of the model I chose so that was easy. The storm bolter was created using a plastic storm bolter and an ammo feed belt I had in my bits box (yea, I know, my bitz box is kinda big :P )

Last but definitely not least, the eagle above his head, protecting him from the enemies! This was a conversion that I did using various bits from the Dark Angels upgrade sprue. It serves both the fluff and the Iron Halo rules that Kantor has!

I forgot to take a photo of him before he was primed though, I hope you can get an idea of the various conversion work done.

So there you go, I would really like to hear your comments as always! :)

I got a real laugh with Weird Al's latest album... XD

8 comments :

  1. Garro looks amazing. He is one of my favorite heresy era characters in the fluff, so I am interested to see how this turns out. And that Weird Al song is epic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love all the heresy era fluff of the Death Guard (no wonder :P ) so Garro could not be an exception! Updates will come soon, I am planning on starting to put some paint on him tomorrow so stay tuned :)

    And yes this song is EPIC indeed :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I love seeing projects before paint as they give an idea of "what could be".

    You're not painting him yellow, are you? =p

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, no. I got kinda tired from yellow and I will change for a while! He is going to be in the pre-heresy colors of Death Guard, white and green.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks George! Soon he will be updated! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nicely done Cadaver.I cant wait to see him painted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. extremely nice, i am getting a feeling that your new approach to cadavering the opponent has to do with shooting and/or obliteration-from-a-distance ?

    our houses are not that far away, this is the reason why i keep hearing explosions and shots being fired?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha thx Markador! Shooting is the new approach for sure! More info on the list on posts to follow! ;)

    ReplyDelete