Saturday, November 27, 2010

Imperial Fists Land Raider Crusader







I finally managed to get some time to take some pictures of my finished Imperial Fists models starting with the Land Raider Crusader. Great model and really fun to paint, I kinda don't like the fact that its the older metal version because the hurricane bolters were a pain to assemble and they don't have any kind of friction holding them in place resulting on a floppy sponson movement every time I try to move the model around, but I really like the side winged scull motif.



The model also features the ForgeWorld Imperial Fists doors and I think that these doors are a must to every Space Marines Vehicle around. I really love the way they transform the model to a shrine!

So I would really like to hear your comments and of course if you have some time to leave me a vote as always on CoolMiniOrNot . Don't forget to keep an eye on my other Land Raider later on this week when I get the chance to take some more pictures! 

8 comments :

  1. Nice work man. I like how the yellow turned out and the weathering is also cool (I would prefer a bit more though). Are you playing in the tournament tommorow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this. I absolutely agree on the yellow- it's perfect. Not too bright, not too watery.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much on the comments! Antipope unfortunately I have a thing tommorow and I won't be able to come. Hope you'll fill the details up in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! Not only does your Land Raider look absolutely beautiful (those FW doors really are a nice touch), but the fact that it is the old metal/plastic hybrid kit astounds me. I tried to assemble one years ago and the hurricane bolters nearly caused me to swear off miniatures entirely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice work, yellow is hard to paint too which makes it even better, only thing wrong with it... its not blood angels :) good job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Papa JJ ; yeah the assembly was really hard... but I managed to pull it through with patience filing and sanding and good quality superglue. Metal-plastic hybrid models are really hard to fit together.

    @ Dalinair ; Thank you! More Blood Angels coming up as I have more commission pieces to finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Many thanks oni!! Glad you like my work!

    ReplyDelete